Sometimes, there are many questions which so difficult to answer yet you do not know that it only takes your common sense and very very basic knowledge to get the right answer.
We have here some questions to test you, and the answer of each questions are also provided below.
Now, let us exercise your brain and check your common sense. 🙂 Think really really hard!
- How many times you can subtract the number 5 from 25?
- Is it legal for a man to marry his widow’s sister?
- Two mothers and two daughters were fishing. They managed to catch one big fish, one small fish, and one fat fish. Since only three fish were caught, how is it possible that they each took home a fish?
- If you were to put a coin into an empty bottle and then insert a cork into the neck, how could you remove the coin without taking out the cork or breaking the bottle?
- What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?
- If there are fifteen crows on the fence and the farmer shoots a third of them, how many are left?
- What is the easiest way to throw a ball, have it stop, and completely reverse direction after travelling a short distance?
- Before the Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
- Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?
- There are five oranges in a basket. How will distribute the oranges to five people, such that one orange is still in the basket?
- How many animals of each species did Adam take with him on the ark?
Below are the answers of the questions above. If you think you get 10-11 corrects answers, you have very good common sense. 7-9 is good, 4-6 is fair and 1-3 is poor. When you get zero, you are non-sense. 🙂
- Once. After the first calculation, you will be subtracting 5 from 20, then 5 from 15, and so on.
- No, because he is dead.
- The fishing party consisted of three people – a grandmother, a mother and a daughter. The mother is both a mother and a daughter.
- Simply push the cork into the bottle and shake the coin out.
- Letter “e”.
- None. They all fly away after hearing the shots.
- Throw the ball straight up.
- Mt. Everest was still the highest mountain even before it was discovered!
- Because he is still living.
- Distribute 1 orange each to the four people. And then give the fifth orange together with the basket to the last person.
- None, Noah took the animals on the ark, not Adam.
Sources of the questions and answers: Brain-Teasers for Mathematics Students, compiled by Jonathan Fostanes